THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

Letter From The Editor : Thank You

After a very wonderful distribution day for our 55th anniversary magazine and an overall fantastic semester, I only have one thing left to say, thank you.
Eston Conley

Hey everyone! Your favorite student newspaper here. Just stopping by to say a massive thank you to all of you who showed up and grabbed a copy of our magazine. It’s truly heartwarming to see just how far we’ve come, and it’s all thanks to you!

Each time I finish off a caption for one of the Instagram posts, I always try to thank you guys for the attention, thank you guys for checking us out, and I do that because, in reality, you don’t owe us anything. So, it’s genuinely special to see just how many of you take time out of your busy day to engage with our articles, like and share our posts, pick up our magazine, and offer your feedback. Thank you for being such an integral part of our journey.

At the end of the day, The Roadrunner is more than just emojis, memes, and unhinged articles; The Roadrunner is a group of people—people who are far from perfect. The key word in our motto “for students, by students” isn’t “for” or “by”; it’s “students.” And as students, we are still learning our craft. We aren’t perfect, and mistakes will happen, but that does not mean we aren’t working very hard to avoid those mistakes.

With that said, I apologize for any typos or mistakes made. Most of the magazine, in particular, was produced within two days and written directly into InDesign without any second eyes, not because we didn’t want to, but just because we didn’t have time. However, there are a lot more awesome things than mistakes within the magazine. For a publication made by two people who were learning as they went, it came out pretty badass.

It took endless hours of formatting and sorting through old editions of The Roadrunner, but seeing the complete version, and seeing just how happy so many people were to get it, made it all worth it. As said in the magazine, it is always my pleasure to write to you guys. I’m really glad each and every one of you is alive, and I’m really glad we got to share this moment.

I want to thank our amazing staff for showing up on distribution day and working so hard. The pictures show most of us; Andrew Vojta had to make it to class, so he couldn’t be in the picture, but he was there, and it must be noted just how much we appreciate him.

So here’s to another semester coming to an end, and here’s to another semester that’s to come—a semester where, like every other, we at The Roadrunner will be dedicated to bringing you the best, most complete news and entertainment as possible. Thank you again to all our readers, and thank you to Butte College for making this possible. We love you. Thank you for being alive.