THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

From Drip To Disaster

Butte College Baseball suffers massive thunderstruck-ing loss at home against Feather River.
Eston Conley

Butte College’s baseball team faced a tough defeat at home against Feather River on April 26.

The game, held at Butte College’s main campus, saw Feather River take an early lead by scoring in the opening inning. Butte College quickly responded with a run of their own in the second inning. 

Both teams looked in good shape, and the game promised to be competitive until the sixth inning. A sudden thunderstorm brought the game to a standstill due to lightning striking nearby. 

As a result, the field had to be covered, and the game was delayed for an extended period of time. At the time of the stoppage, Butte was trailing 5-1.

After the hindrance caused by the weather, Butte struggled to lock back in, and as a result, Feather River put them in the blender. 

Unable to score any more points and unable to create any momentum after the stoppage, the Roadrunners succumbed to a 13-run deficit by the game’s conclusion.

In the end, the weather delay proved too disruptive for the Roadrunners, who, despite a quick initial response in the second inning, could not recover their form once the game resumed. 

The final score was 14-1, leaving the Roadrunners with a record of 27-12.

Despite the difficult result against Feather River on Friday, Butte College’s baseball team managed to secure a top-4 spot in the region for the first time in school history. 

As a result, the mighty Roadrunners will be going up against Cosumnes River on May 3. The game will be held at Butte College’s main campus baseball field.