THE ROADRUNNER

Butte College's Editorially Independent Student Voice

THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

A newspaper by students, for students.

Reading “The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto” by Mitch Album

The narrator is music, acting as if music is capable of thought and word.
Photo+by+Teslariu+Mihai+on+Unsplash%0A++
Photo by Teslariu Mihai on Unsplash

When listening to music, what do you feel? What do you think? What if you could have a conversation with music? When reading Mitch Albom’s book “The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto” you have that opportunity.

I’ve recently finished this 500 page novel. When finally finished, I sat back and let it all soak in. It gave me a different perspective of music.

This book is about a young boy, Frankie Presto, and the journey through his life in relation to music.

The story line is similar to the cult classic movie “Forest Gump” were throughout his life Frankie Presto meets people who will later become famous, and impacts there life and his own, through music.

The narrator is music. Yes, the concept of music. As if music was a being capable of thought and word.

Music, through out the book, will show you that “we all join a band in our life”. A spouse, a friendship, an enemy. You do not need an instrument to make music.

Mitch Albom is an American author, journalist, musician, and more whose most famous for his book “Tuesdays with Morrie”.

Throughout all his novels, you will find that Albom often writes about an ‘other worldly view’ of things along with how our life can impact others.

One example on being “The Five People you meet in heaven”. A novel about ones journey in the after life and inner peace.

Most recently, Albom wrote “The Little Liar”. a novel about morality and if lying can tarnish ones self. Further advancing on Albom’s iconic writing style.

Never have I read a Mitch Albom book that did not leave me realizing things about my own self while also appreciating the life I have and putting me deep in thought, all at the same time. This book proves that.