THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

7 Cool Things About the Roadrunner Hub

Located between the Student Health Clinic and the Veterans Center, the Roadrunner Hub is one of the coolest resource centers. An essential spot for all Butte College students, this basic resource center on the main campus has much to offer. Let’s explore seven really cool aspects of the hub.

1-The Food Pantry:

The Roadrunner Hub’s pantry embodies the saying, “The best things in life are free,” by providing students with food and hygiene products at no cost. Running on generosity, the pantry receives donations from various sources, including the Food Bank of Contra Costa County, local churches, and food distributors. Student Evan Grass describes it as, “a really great place in the school. It helps you stretch your budget if it’s thin, allowing students to focus on learning rather than worrying about their next meal.”

• RoadRunner Food Pantry

Nathan
  • RoadRunner Food Pantry

Nathan
  • Hygiene products at the Roadrunner hub pantry

Nathan
  • RoadRunner Food Pantry

Nathan
  • RoadRunner Food Pantry

Nathan
  • RoadRunner Food Pantry

Nathan

2-The HHIP Grant:

For students grappling with housing insecurity, the Hub’s HHIP Grant is a lifeline. It offers vital support, from housing navigation to temporary shelter, and intervenes in situations of impending eviction.

3-CalFresh Assistance:

The Hub also provides comprehensive support for all things CalFresh. From application assistance to answering questions about the process, the Roadrunner Hub has got you covered.

4-‘Vanna White’ – The Van:

The latest addition to the Hub’s team is a Ford Transit van, affectionately named ‘Vanna White.’ Funded through the basic needs fund, this van is pivotal for food pickups and other essential operations.

Vanna White (Nathan )

5-Monthly Social Service Support:

On every fourth Thursday of the month, a special guest visits the Hub to assist students seeking help with medical and other social services.

6-Day-Use Lockers:

The Hub offers day-use lockers for temporary storage and helps students sign up for gym lockers for additional storage and access to shower facilities.

Roadrunner Hub (Nathan)

7-The Name:

Without a doubt, the coolest aspect of the Roadrunner Hub is its name, and we say this with no bias whatsoever. Sharing more than just a name with the Roadrunner Newspaper, the Hub, like us, is dedicated to the betterment of Butte College students and is definitely worth checking out!

I want to give a big special thank you to Maisue Thao, the Basic Needs Coordinator, for allowing me to come visit, take pictures, ask questions, and conduct interviews at the Roadrunner hub. As Thao herself says, “It’s the best place to be.

The Roadrunner Hub Staff (Nathan )

For more information, the Hub can be contacted at 530-895-2978 or visited in their portable between the Student Health Clinic and the Veterans Center.