THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

THE ROADRUNNER

Early Look At The 2024 BUFF

The Butte Film Festival is back for round two and has it’s sights on being bigger than ever.
Curtis+bell
Curtis bell

You know the Butte Film Club. You know how phenomenal the 2023 Butte Film Festival was, and now it’s time for you to get hyped for the even more awesome 2024 Butte Film Festival!

Still under the visionary leadership of Curtis Bell, this year’s festival is poised to take the Butte Film Club to unprecedented heights.

We want to offer thousands of dollars in prizes, industry connections, and scholarships to students involved” 

— Curtis Bell

BUFF 2024 will be more than just a local student film festival; it will be an ambitious event for cinematic creators from the entirety of Northern California. 

Curtis said, “We basically wanna do what we did last year, except targeting not just Butte County, but the 5 million people within driving distance.” He went on to explain that his goal is to “ create an event that benefits not just filmmakers but the entire community.”

This year’s event will be open to all student filmmakers who want to celebrate this captivating celebration of creativity, storytelling, and filmmaking excellence.

With the event set to take place from November 22 to 24, it is still in its early days and many details are still to be finalized.  “We have the entire year to prepare, and we aim to be far more organized,” Curtis Bell.

The expansion of BUFF 2024 promises new categories, workshops, and special guests, all of which will come together to make the festival an unforgettable experience.

This year’s BUFF will not only include a lot more things but also be much longer. Whereas BUFF 2023 was a one-night event, BUFF 2024 will be a three-day event spanning from Friday to Sunday. 

“ instead of one evening at El Rey, 3 nights, at Chico’s largest historic theater, Laxson Auditorium.” 

— Curtis Bell

The Butte Film Festival 2024 is set to be a landmark event that will not only highlight the talented filmmakers of Northern California but will also bring together a community. 

As we eagerly await for more details, the anticipation and excitement for what BUFF 2024 will offer continue to grow. Mark your calendars, inform your friends, share the news, start working on your film submissions, and get ready to join us in supporting and celebrating the new generation of filmmakers.

The 2023 Butte Film Festival was phenomenal, and the 2024 sequel has everything it needs to be even better.

For more information about the event, contact the Butte Film Club at their email: [email protected] or follow them on Instagram @buttefilmclub.