Robin Bonner Staff and operator of QRC
Robin Bonner Staff and operator of QRC
Andrew Vojta

Queer Resource Center

Everything you need to know about the QRC

Here at Butte Community College we are proud of the inclusivity that the students and the facility alike have cultivated.

There are many clubs, programs and other services that Butte Community College has to offer such as activities and other services that students may need while attending classes. One of the resource places we are talking about is the Queer Resource Center, or the QRC, is located on the main campus, adjacent to the Arts Building.

The QRC was founded in 2018 by a fellow student Skylar Darrow who made it a mission to provide a safe place for LGBTQIA2S+ students. The space is intended for students to meet others in the community so they can develop a support system while at BCC.

Many students may be unaware of what the QRC provides.

If you are a new or returning student who is in the community or an ally, you can volunteer in the space, provide support, donations, or be a participate in events.

There are also ways to connect online: QRC Discord server, QRC Instagram & Facebook, and always on Butte Community College portal on BC Connect, E-mail: [email protected], @QRC_BC, or phone (530) 879-6145.

The Queer Resource Center is run and operated by former student turned staff member Robin Bonner. She has run the space since January, with all the love and passion that one can only imagine.

When the Roadrunner Newspaper went to the space to see for ourselves what the place was like, we were stunned by what we saw and how much love has been poured into the QRC.

Let’s list some of the things the Queer Resource Center does while we will also provide the link to the flyer and other things you may need for yourself or a friend.

• Listening to those in need without judgment
  • Help with the Chosen Name Project
  • Gender Restroom Education & Access
  • Lending Library access
  • Free Safe Sex Supplies
  • Free Clothing
  • Free class supplies
  • Free Food
  • Free menstrual products
  • Student lounge

Don’t forget the Queer Resource Center also hosts and holds events such as making Valentines Bouquets, Queer Week series events in October, Queer Picture Day, and MasQueerade Ball, just to list a few.  Don’t be shy, come visit or donate to the space today.